How to Create a more Positive Relationship with your Teen
Bob Prittie Metrotown
Monday, May 16 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Sign up for How to Create a more Positive Relationship with your Teen
Participants that attend this workshop will be able to acknowledge the following issues:
- Identify one specific negative family pattern -- Changing this pattern will improve all your relationships.
- Learn what parents mistakenly do that lowers teen's self-esteem, and how to turn this around to raise self-esteem.
- Lastly -- What is the number #1 destructive element that if repetead too many times creates more conflict and pain than any other mistake -- and how to be and do things differently.
You will also learn three phrases that can be used in many situations with your teen that help build your relationship.
Klaus Klein is a registered Clinical Councellor with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors. He has a Master of Arts (MA) degree in Clinical Psychology from Antioch University Seattle, WA. He is clinical member of the Satir Insitute of the Pacific and has complete level 1, 2 and advanced training in individual and family systems with the Satir Institute of the Pacific. He has currently his own counselling service KDK Counselling Services, focusing on teens and parents.
This event is free, but space is limited. To avoid disappointment please register online, or by calling 604-436-5400.
Book Klaus as a Speaker
Klaus has been a presenter and guest speaker at various organizations and school based committees across Metro Vancouver for the past 4 years. Below are some of the topics Klaus presents on and a list of organizations that Klaus has spoken for.
Talks and Workshops For Parents, Schools and School Boards
- Managing The Stress of Parenting Your Teen
- Becoming The Parent Your Son/ Daughter Needs
- Mastering Fears of Parenting Your Teen
- How To Build a Stronger Connection With Your Teen
- Family Dynamics and Your Teen
Talks for International Student Organizations
- Culture Shock and Adaptability
- Managing The Stress of Living Abroad
- Interactions and Reactions Within Home Stay Dynamics
- Managing Stress and the Work Place
- Understanding Communication Styles
- Interactions and Reactions in the Workplace
Klaus was interviewed by Michelle Eliot on The Low-Down On Bridging the Parent-Teen Generation Gap for CBC Radio's On The Coast hosted by Stephen Quinn. Listen to interview
Klaus was interviewed for Global News on Marriage, Family, and the Impact of Economic Stress
Klaus was interviewed for CTV News on The Trouble With Boys in Schools
Organizations Where Klaus Has Provided Presentations
- International Presentation in Beijing China: Working with Trouble Teens in School Setting
- BC School Counsellors Conference, Richmond: Deepening the Therapeutic Impact on Students in a School Setting
- Take-A-Hike Program Public Seminar, Vancouver Van Dusen Gardens: Parenting in the Zone
- Take-A-Hike Program Public Seminar, Burnaby: Parenting in the Zone
- Take-A-Hike Program and Inner Change presenting : Self Harm and Teen Seminar
- KELTY MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCE CENTRE BC Children’s Hospital Site: Becoming the Parent your Teen Needs
- Burnaby North Secondary PAC meeting: Dealing With Your Teen
- Soroptimist in West Vancouver -- Becoming the Parent Your Daughter Needs
- Free Workshop – Mastering Fears of Parenting Your Teen
- David Thompson Secondary PAC Meeting – Becoming the Parent Your Teen needs
- Free Workshop – Managing The Stress of Parenting Your Teen
- UBC Guest lecturer at the Masters Level School of Social work -- Adventure-Based Counselling
- Winston Churchhill Secondary PAC Meeting -- Becoming the Parent Your Teen needs
- Take-A-Hike Program Parenting Program – Connecting With Your Teen
- Alpha Secondary PAC Meeting -- Becoming the Parent Your Son/Daughter needs
- NORPAC Controls Ltd. Burnaby -- Managing Stress and the Workplace
- John Oliver Secondary PAC Meeting – Parents are Important
- Fairleigh Dickinson University-Vancouver – Culture Shock and Adaptability
- Global TV Vancouver interview -- Marriage, Family, and the Impact of Economic Stress
- CTV Vancouver interview – The Trouble With Boys
- Fairleigh Dickinson University-Vancouver -- Culture Shock and Adaptability for ESL and International Students
For more information on booking Klaus to speak at your organization call Klaus at 604-786-0709 or send an e-mail to Klaus@kdkcounselling.com
Klaus Klein, MA, RCC
KDK Counselling services
for the Burnaby area.